Home » News
02 February 2015
Notes to editors
· The meeting papers are available in advance on our website - www.bedfordshireccg.nhs.uk/page/?id=3965
· The Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes Healthcare Review progress report, published on 29 October, can be found here - www.yourhealthinbedfordshire.co.uk
· Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (BCCG) is responsible for planning, organising and buying NHS-funded healthcare for the 441,000 people who live in Bedfordshire. This includes hospital, community health and mental health services.
· BCCG is run by GPs, nurses, hospital doctors and other clinicians – the people you see whenever you come into contact with the NHS. All 55 GP practices in Bedfordshire are members of the CCG which is divided into five areas, which we call localities. These are: Bedford, Chiltern Vale, Leighton Buzzard, Ivel Valley and West Mid Bedfordshire and all of the 55 GP practices in Bedfordshire are members.
· In 2014-2015, BCCG has a budget of approximately £440m to spend on healthcare services for Bedfordshire. You can read more about how BCCG is organised in our constitution. It explains how we operate, make decisions and our governance structures and processes. You can also read our corporate plan which sets out our priorities and aims for 2014-15.