Home » News
05 April 2017
Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (BCCG) is reminding patients that pharmacies will be open over the Easter bank holiday weekend.
If you feel unwell over the long bank holiday, pharmacies are often a good place to start as they can offer you free, qualified health advice at any time with no appointment, expert help on everyday illnesses and can answer questions about prescribed and over-the-counter medicines.
A list of pharmacy opening times for Easter is available to download on the BCCG website here.
Remember to order your repeat prescriptions before the bank holiday too. Nobody wants to run out of their medications and need hospital treatment when they could be enjoying time with family and friends. Repeat prescriptions can be ordered online by using GP Online Services, a simple website that can also be used to make and cancel appointments and view medical records. If you are not already registered, you can find out more or ask for a registration form from your GP Practice.
If you do become unwell over the Easter holidays but it’s not an emergency, there are lots of ways the NHS can help:
· Get advice from a pharmacist about common ailments or medication
· If you need advice or require a GP out of hours, call 111
· The NHS Walk-in centre at Putnoe, Bedford is open 8.30am – 6.00pm every day including holidays
· You can find information and contact details for all your local NHS services at www.nhs.uk
For more information contact 01525 864406/ 01525 864430 email@example.com
Notes to editors
· Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group is responsible for planning, organising and buying NHS-funded healthcare for the 441,000 people who live in Bedfordshire. This includes hospital, community health and mental health services.
· BCCG is run by GPs, nurses, hospital doctors and other clinicians – the people you see whenever you come into contact with the NHS. All 55 GP practices in Bedfordshire are members of the CCG which is divided into five areas, which we call localities. These are: Bedford, Chiltern Vale, Leighton Buzzard, Ivel Valley and West Mid Bedfordshire and all of the 55 GP practices in Bedfordshire are members.
Suite 1, Capability House, Wrest Park, Silsoe, Beds MK45 4HR